PDA

View Full Version : 5Kw Windgenerator on 12 meter hydraulic tower

Cor van Houtum
27th September 2009, 05:20
Here I am again
We have build yesterday our first 5Kw engine in The Netherlands with a building permit
It seems that the acceptation in The Netherlands of small wind windmills becomes better now,
We have promoted this kind of energy now for 2 years with my company Draaistroom Nederland b.v. and we have convinced allready some govermental desissionmakers to look at small wind with a total other view as looking at big wind.

The next struggel will be to convince them that the building height must be allowed on minimum 18 meters so the engine will produce better and become even greener.
At this moment the government does not allow that easy to put up higher structure's as about 12 meters.
And the newspapers and other "experts" keep on writing that smallwind does not work.
They could do the same with solar power if the regulation forbids to put the panels in to the sun.

But we become more confident now that the acceptation in surtain areas will be much better as it was before.
In Belgium the climate has changed also , there is a Law now that it is not forbitten to put up a windmill , so you can ask for building permit with a great chance of success.

See the next video of building the 5Kw so you know and understand better the structure of this small windmill.

kind regards
Cor van Houtum

YouTube - 5kw windgenerator

Dan Lenox
27th September 2009, 15:50
Cor,

All I can say is *wow*

Both the tower and wind turbine are very nice examples of engineering.

You don't mention much about the turbines you are using, where is the source - or are you building them?

One comment that I have is wouldn't the anemometer on the back of the turbine be affected by changes caused by the blades?

Dan Lenox

Rob Beckers
28th September 2009, 07:18
Cor, you've been busy!
That's a good looking turbine...

I noticed you always have a forklift in your installation videos. Do you take the forklift around to job sites? I can see that it's useful, but it must be hard to lug around (mine weighs close to 9000 lbs, over 4000 kg).

-RoB-

Cor van Houtum
28th September 2009, 10:43
hi guy's

No we do not carry the lifter around
the customer had by accident the same lifter as we have in the company

As it seems now the flag is not affected bij the turbulence of the blades,
but it has not been very windy these couple of day's
but we have the same question when we see this thing behind the blades

I promisse you to keep you posted

kind regards

Cor