PDA

View Full Version : Ginlong wind inverters

Marshall Swearingen
22nd July 2009, 11:13
Howdy,

Does anyone have experience with Ginlong wind inverters? For that matter, has anyone even laid eyes on one? I'm using the Ginlong 500W alternator for a prototype wind system, and have been satisfied with its performance. I've got the 3kW Ginlong in the garage, ready to build a bigger system. And although this is looking ahead to a distant bridge not yet ready to cross, I'm curious about options for a 20kW system. Ginlong has a 20kW alternator, and they're advertising inverters up to 30kW. I'm not aware of any other 20kW wind inverters (others than those designed for specific turbines). The Ginlong inverter seems like a good option if I use their alternator, as I would think the two would be designed to be compatible. But I know some people have had trouble getting a hold of some of the larger Ginlong alternators, and I'm skeptical that Ginlong has readily available 20kW alternators and the inverters to match. And, although in my experience their alternators are of good quality, I have never heard of anyone using their inverters. Does anyone have any experience to share?

Thanks,

Marshall

Rob Beckers
22nd July 2009, 16:44
Hi Marshall,

Not having seen or used one yet I can't help you with that part. However, keep in mind that the Ginlong inverters are not UL or CSA listed. Depending where you are that may or may not be a problem (it would most definitely be a problem in my area, as no inspector will "pass" it).

They have a bit wider voltage range than the Aurora inverters, up to 750V. That's good, as the Ginlong alternators are fairly high in voltage for their rated power.

Do you know what the inverter prices are like? I'm curious, especially for the 6kW model, as that's the most popular Aurora wind inverter that I sell.

-RoB-

Marshall Swearingen
30th July 2009, 12:07
Hi Rob,

Still no word back from Ginlong regarding my questions of price and performance. I'll keep you posted if they get back to me. I'm in Montana, and though I'm not entirely sure of the regulations, I think lack of UL certification would be problematic. Do you know of any other inverters in the 20kW range? Or at that point is the best option to tie multiple inveters in parallel?

Marshall

Rob Beckers
31st July 2009, 06:32
Marshall, I do not know of any UL listed 20 kW wind inverters. Then again, I don't know much about wind turbines and related equipment once it gets above 10 kW.

It's possible to tie multiple inverters together. For the Aurora inverters it requires an isolation transformer for all but one of the inverters, because they do not have internal galvanic separation between input and output. It can and has been done though. Power-One is supposed to come out with a 12 kW wind inverter next year, and that one is rumored to have an internal transformer. It would be easier to tie two of those together.

-RoB-

Ulf Hansén
6th March 2011, 12:24
Hi
I have a 2kw ginlong inverter it CE approved so I have permit to use it in Sweden( you can shift different country's approvals in the box )
I run one 2.5 exmork wind gen with aourora 3,6,and one ginlong 2kw ongrid inverter also with an exmork 2.5.
Both the aurora have now soon 2 years of running and the ginlong 1.5 year.
Im very pleased with the Ginlong its like an old 350 not so fancy but it always work and it doesent look and feel like" chinese" made. I think they do this one for west market. I use the same controller as I made for the Aurora .

Dave Turpin
6th March 2011, 12:36
When I was designing a hydro system I talked to a rep at Ginlong. He said their new inverters are all CE and UL certified. Is it true? I don't know for sure.

Ulf Hansén
6th March 2011, 15:29
CE-certifierad EN 50081, del 1, EN50082 del 1 samt EN 61000-3-2. UL 1741, AS 4777,
G83/1 and other related international standards.

Ulf

Malc Ward 23
30th December 2011, 19:01
Hi -- Do you have a copy of the G83/1 CERTIFICATE Please
I have tried there web site but there does not appear to be a download
Regards Malc

This info was from your last POST
CE-certifierad EN 50081, del 1, EN50082 del 1 samt EN 61000-3-2. UL 1741, AS 4777,

Ulf

Robert Mann
1st January 2012, 10:14
Hello I run a Ginlong 2K grid tie with my Mann Smart Drive with a Vawt I build and sale.

It is a good unit. But with me my PMA makes a volt per RPM so it snaps the Volts and AMP instally. Witch the Ginlong seese and loads the Turbine to soon so it takes a bit to hand program it too your needs if you mess this up you are kind of doomed.

I have in past talked of the Mann Smart Controller that is self adjusting for wind turbines.
Steve Hansel has been working on it for a few years he has a working unit now.

Take a look at his Youtube I think you will like it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TE38SOdf64&feature=player_embedded

If I can be of any help on programing you Ginlong feel fee to call on me.
You can see my Youtube on the Ginlong and my work at.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CNGBOB?feature=mhee

Mine has all the certs I think there in the box.
Bob Mann

Dale Sheler
1st January 2012, 15:46
Xantrex, now owned by Schneider Electric XW series inverters are stackable, I believe the 4024 is stackable up to 18kw.

Ulf Hansén
2nd January 2012, 10:09
Hi -- Do you have a copy of the G83/1 CERTIFICATE Please
I have tried there web site but there does not appear to be a download
Regards Malc

This info was from your last POST

Ulf

I have only used the manual to show the gridcompany, but I have send an email to Ginlong for an pdf

Regards Ulf

Malc Ward 23
2nd January 2012, 18:15
Hi I am new on this forum but hoping to help and to learn.
In the previous post Robert Mann said he thought he had a Ginlong G83/1 Certificate In The Box) is it possible to send me a copy and if so ( as I'm new to this site how do we send & receive such documents.?
Regards Malc