PDA

View Full Version : Aurora windinterface

Cor van Houtum
15th February 2009, 08:42
Hello guys,
can you tell me the difference between a aurora 4000 and the 7200 interface
we have both in stock here and we cannot find any difference in the board layout
the only difference we could find is that the 4000 comes with 6amp fuses and the 7200 comes with 15 amps of fuses
do there is a price difference between the two interfaces.

has anyone have other idees about this please let me know

kind regards

Cor van Houtum

Rob Beckers
15th February 2009, 16:02
Hi Cor,

I've never seen a PVI-4000-WIND-INTERFACE (there also was a 2500 as well), but I can tell you that Power-One North America is dropping it from their line-up. The only one will be the PVI-7200-WIND-INTERFACE (now called PVI-WIND-BOX). They just sent me the new price list and types for 2009.

You may well be right that the 4000 and 7200 are identical except for the fuses. Take a look at the semiconductors on there (in particular the bridge rectifier and IGBT that switches the diversion load), there isn't much else in there that's current limited. The 7200 uses a 36MT120 bridge and STGE50NB60HD IGBT. The values of the electrolytic caps may be another one, since the higher currents would require larger caps to smooth out ripples to the same degree. It would make sense though from a production perspective to have the same hardware for both.

-RoB-

Cor van Houtum
9th March 2009, 16:58
The 4000 and the 7200 windinterface are exactly the same
the only difference are the fuses
in the 4000 the fuses rate 6 amps and the 7200 has 15 amps

Cor

Rob Beckers
10th March 2009, 07:13
Cor, are they still selling the PVI-4000-WIND-INTERFACE on your end of the pond? Or is the current line-up there also just a single WIND-INTERFACE?

Just keep the turbine RPM in check. Those WIND-INTERFACE boxes do not take kindly to overvoltage as we found out... :sick:

-Rob-

Cor van Houtum
10th March 2009, 10:41
Hello Rob,
We controll the overvoltage with a omron relais
look at my picture

Cor van Houtum
10th March 2009, 10:55
The relais on the left is a 220 volt coil relais 40 amps
this relais is connected to the dumpload when NOT powered
So when loss of grid is there then automaticly the generator is forged down with the dumpload

But when the system is on 220 volts the Omron relais on the right wil give the 40 amps relais on the left the 220 volt coil AC
The relais will come in and then the windgenerator is free from the dumpload

The omron relais has a messurement input and a trigger point which you can change with a potmeter screw.
at the moment the voltage of the generator comes above the triggerpoint the omron wil drop the 220 volt of the 40amp relais and this one will connect to the dumpload again

The time that the omron will drop the line is also adjustable so the relais will not go nuts

We can do this because the Hummer generator is single phase
Also with three phase this is possible but i would suggest to put a big rectifier bridge of 60 amps between the 3 wires of the generator and the 2 wires of the dumpload

the break system will in this case be in parallel with the rectifier that goes to the inverter
Otherwise it is possible that the rectifier will be blown up if both the brake and the inverter are hanging on it

this system works

greetings

cor

Rob Beckers
12th March 2009, 06:07
Thanks Cor! I'll keep this in mind. Many furling type wind turbines seem to have some issue in controlling RPM, to avoid blowing the electronics. What resistance is the dump load?

-RoB-

Cor van Houtum
12th March 2009, 08:58
Hello rob,

The resistance of the dumpload should be calculated according the trigger voltage you want the system to dump.

for instance having a 2kw engine with 4 kw dumpload and a voltage max of 200 volts
wil need a resistance of 10 ohm
there wil be flowing 20 amps on the dump at that moment.

you see now why it is that the Aurora windinterface blows his fuses
this is because it is dumping at 530 volt
in this case the resistance must be 70 ohm and there will be a flow of 7.5 amps
but in this case you will protect your inverter but the wind generator is allready long time in overspeed
most of the 2000 watt generators have a voltage of about 120 ,140 volts
so before they will give 530 volts they are allready in max overspeed and turning in own flux .
so i suggest that the brake electronics make no part of the aurora windinterface but is a solo operating system.

Ulf Hansén
18th March 2009, 19:19
Hi Cor

Any chance you can make a drawing on your dumpload for a 3 phase generator ?

Ulf

Cor van Houtum
20th March 2009, 16:52
Hello ulf,
hereby 3 phase
excuse my bad drawing qualities

cor