PDA

View Full Version : V-Axis testing

Paul Bailey
19th October 2007, 11:12
A friend of my son is testing some v-axis wind designs from the back of a truck. I offered up my test site (my backyard) as he need to try some servos. Heres a couple pics .

Rob Beckers
19th October 2007, 12:37
Nice blades!
How did he make them? Wood?

-RoB-

Paul Bailey
19th October 2007, 13:07
Nice blades!
How did he make them? Wood? I think there foam core that were cut with a hot wire. then covered with glass/epoxy. I'll get Chad to join the group for more info. ,If I can track him down via e-mail. Kinda nice to someone as young as him with a energy Vision. Almost all the videos/photos are way to big to post unless i resize them.. He did say it will clearly outperform a savonius., that I do not know.:)

Paul Bailey
19th October 2007, 13:29
Test Rig. I hope the testing grounds are way out as the Police would not be too impressed to see this spinning down the highway .The leading arm carries an electronic anemometer.:)

Rob Beckers
20th October 2007, 07:29
... Almost all the videos/photos are way to big to post unless i resize them..

No need to resize anything, just upload to the forum (as attachments). The forum automagically resizes anything that's too large.

-RoB-

Mark Ebert
20th October 2007, 08:05
Boy that is some awesome work.

I love that curved for rotation profile its sorta like mine only thinner.

What are the dimensions?

Keep us updated.:)

Mark Ebert
26th October 2007, 20:10
Did it breakdown?

Paul Bailey
27th October 2007, 14:05
Hi Mark: when I get ahold of Chad I'll have him join the group So he will be able to answer all our questions. Paul:)

Mark Ebert
27th October 2007, 17:47
That would be awesome Paul.The only problem i foresee is startup.

Im the cheerleader on the sidelines.

Paul Bailey
28th October 2007, 12:35
apparantly the 2 bladed version was balanced out and would not Start without a gentle push ..then away it went . The 3-Bladed unit shown starts right away in normal wind with available power.Paul:)