PDA

View Full Version : PM motors for possible whatever ???

Mario De Castris
20th April 2007, 10:25
Hello all,

While the forum is quiet I thought I'd let everybody know about my recent acquisition. A friend of mine that has been manufacturing wind turbines for the past 30 years had two Motors that he was willing to part with. One of the two apparently had previously been flying until the owner, trying to get more power by adjusting the springs on the blade, overloaded and burned it. Since then the motor was rebuilt and never used. (More about this gentleman to come). A quick Google search for Pacific Scientific revealed a number close to the identification tag on the motors I have. The catalogue no. is. SRF5572-3929-82BC but showing the same specs as my tag- voltage 180 DC, amps 14 continuous duty, 3 HP, 1750 rpm. A quick test on the lathe without a load gave me a reading of 25 V.D.C. at 300 rpm and 50 VDC at 600 if my rpm's. are correct. As I believe that pictures are the answer to a lot of questions I am attaching some. ( Rob let me know if I'm posting too many).

http://www.pacsci.com/support/pmdc/TR/4986/4986.html

Mario

Paul Bailey
20th April 2007, 13:43
Hi Mario; I remember these motors In industrial application. Considering the temperature they were running at.,they lasted along time ...also remember putting brush sets in these and blowing out all the carbon.. from the brushes wearing down..Oh the days before servo motors..Paul:)