PDA

View Full Version : Band posting

Mario De Castris
13th April 2007, 22:56
I don't know what to think about this.

Almost two weeks ago I answered a posting on another RE forum trying to help a fellow with question about VAWT, he was looking for some information so I suggested that he would take a look at the thread from Mark on Green Power Talk, to this day I've not seen my post. I did not make any direct invitation to our group I was merely trying to help another Renewable Energy member of that group. I now feel it is very shameful of them for banning my post.

Mario

Mark Parsons
14th April 2007, 00:06
Hi Mario,

Competing blog forums?? What's next? Must be either a very commercially oriented site or the moderator enjoys his editing dominion way too much.

You've opened the thread, now you have to tell us who the other forum is...

Mark

Rob Beckers
14th April 2007, 07:19
I've had the same happen to me a few times. Similar, in that I answered someone's wind question (this was on the A-W-H mailing list) with a link to this forum in my signature. Never showed on the list. In my case I'm not taking it too personally since it is gratuitous advertising for this forum on my part. Then again, it's somewhat petty, since I took the time to write lengthy answers to people's questions only to see them disappear in the big black Internet hole. It's worse though if moderators start deleting messages containing relevant links to other forums. I can guarantee you that has not happened here, nor will it.

-Rob-

Mario De Castris
17th April 2007, 15:27
Hello Mark,

I don't know if I should post the name of the forum or not but what I can tell you is that I considered it to be one of the most professional and respectable forums for RE, maybe that's why it upset me as much as it did. I`ve followed this group for quite some time now and learned quite a bit from some of posts, quite a few of the big names in the industry are there.

Mario

Jamie Bourgeois
23rd June 2007, 07:19
Sorry for digging up old posts here but it happened to me at the O****power forum and didnt like it much.I wont go back there now after finding this site.I will do my best at bring more people here as well.