PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Chris Olson
17th January 2011, 19:18
Just a short note to say hello to everyone on Green Power Talk. I'm not real good at introductions but I happened to stumble across this forum by accident today. I browsed the forum a bit and it looks like there's other off-grid folks here so I decided to join on.

My real passion is wind power so I guess I figured that would be the best place to start with a new member post.
--
Chris

Dale Sheler
17th January 2011, 20:19
Hey, aint you the guy building those cool geared turbines over on fieldlines? And getting the business for it? They look pretty damned cool to me, with less copper and cheaper magnets you get more power than from a direct drive, got any videos or pictures?

Chris Olson
17th January 2011, 21:20
Hey, aint you the guy building those cool geared turbines over on fieldlines? And getting the business for it? They look pretty damned cool to me, with less copper and cheaper magnets you get more power than from a direct drive, got any videos or pictures?

Well, I don't build those machines on Fieldlines. I have no association with the Otherpower folks whatsoever. I build them in my shop in Barron, Wisconsin. I did post a 12G build on that forum for homebuilders, however.
--
Chris

Rob Beckers
18th January 2011, 06:52
Hi Chris,

Welcome to Green Power Talk!
I took a look at the turbine you make; pretty neat! I'm a wind nut too, so you're in good company (or maybe not :blink1:). Several off-grid people here as well.

-RoB-

Dan Lenox
18th January 2011, 08:25
'Bout time you discovered the better wind discussion forums...

Dan Lenox