PDA

View Full Version : SWG turbines support

Cor van Houtum
21st November 2010, 07:39
Hello Wind friends,

As you maybe allready have expierenced , is it not so easy to get support from the SWG factory when you find problems in your system.

Last week I visited the factory again to find out what is going on and want to share my finding with you.

The main problem is the communication with the factory support team and the sales people.
To get a answer you should be aware how they work.
There are several sales people who you can contact but realise that they are not all working at/for the factory.
There are people out there who let you think they are employed with SWG but in fact they have a sales company that purchases from the factory.
names like Antonio and other sales people seem to pop up the internet and these people are not known by the SWG factory as beeing employees.

This means that orders placed with these people are not monitored by the factory
After a while some of these contacts are out of bussiness , and maybe your supplier is also not in bussiness anymore.

Now you as a end user want to have contact with the factory .
Remember if you do that you need to have some understanding about the situation the real sales people from SWG are put in when you do.
They do not know you
They have no knowledge on the system you purchased
The technical knowhow from a sales man or woman is limited and they have to ask there engineers for answers.

There is a misunderstanding on the version of machine you have.
all machines and controllers are called NEW SYSTEM.
What new system you have , the newest or the new one from 2008 ?

So always make photo's to explain your system.

Did your supplier change settings or wiring ?????
here the support ends !! they simply cannot know.

If you are native english please do not sent emails with advanced use of your language.
they will simply not understand a ..... of what you are asking or saying.

The main question is , DO THEY WANT TO HELP YOU ??
I say yes they will , but sometimes they do not know how to help you.
It is a cultural difference between you and them to not go into discussion.
You will loose contact when you start discussions of wich they have no present knowledge or answers.
So do - not.

It is not the fault of your contact person at the factory , that you have bought a turbine with a supplier that does not give you the support you need , and even could be out of bussiness and left you with the problem.

Do not believe everything you read on the internet.
there are people out there who are so frustrated that they even set-up special internet sites where you can find a collection of all negative publicity ever put on the internet.
most of this is OLD technology and a lack of knowledge.
just ask these people what the personal expierence is they have and how many turbines they have tested thier sellfs.
oh do not forget to ask if they have technical training in electronics ! and on what level.

Offcourse there are products released in to the marked that where and sometimes are , not completely 100% working (for your needs)
Did you know that it is not allowed in china to give energy back to the grid ???
Thats why most systems are developed to load batteries.
The importer in your country changes the system to use with inverters (grid tied)
or some of them have asked to change the system in the factory to meet the needs they have.

China is a big kitchen
you say what you want to eat and they produce it.
if you like it, is not the problem of the cook , you asked it your self.

Then there is a sales problem that makes things even more blur.
they do not work with dedicated sales managers.
this means that you can purchase from all names in the company you can find,
and they do not tell each other, because there is a internal competition.
If your sales contact is not there and you order with someone else , your normal contact is not informed.
Even prices can be different.

I have again asked the factory to stop selling to every one in the international market but work with dedicated resellers that have to visit regulary the factory and exchange knowledge and training.
this is in my opinion the only way to prevent dissepointments in the end user field.

In the mean time i will try to help you as much as i can but I will only do this when there is a positive question.
frustrated people should not use my contacts to the factory , because i am a technical guy and not a shrink.

Kind regards

Cor van Houtum
Draaistroom Nederland

Ken Hall
22nd November 2010, 21:08
Cor,

Well said,

Ken