PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Ginlong Generators?

Kevin Bird
3rd April 2010, 10:13
I am trying to find out where I can buy a Ginlong generator w/o having to order from China.

Rob Beckers
3rd April 2010, 19:52
How much interest is there for this, and what size(s)?
I've been looking at importing them by the dozen or so. But I've been reluctant since I don't want to get stuck with 'm. If there's enough interest I could do this.

The disadvantage of the stock alternators from Ginlong is that their rated power (for the 1.8kW and up models) happens above 400V AC, which works out to 540V DC and up. Too close to the 600V limit of wind inverters for comfort. Besides that, their alternators will actually quite nicely produce above rated power (if you had the voltage headroom). For two of my inverter customers I've working on power curves for turbines, but using delta-wired alternators from Ginlong instead of the default wye- or star-wired alternators. They will do this for a small extra fee. The effect is to lower the voltage by 1/sqrt(3), or 0.58x the original voltage. The rest stays the same (power, RPM), voltage comes down and current goes up proportionally. Something to think about.

-RoB-

Peter Klaassen
4th April 2010, 07:30
Hi Rob,
I am interested in a 2-3 kW generator such as you have discussed before. I would put this on a 17' turbine for off grid power generation. I'm not sure that this is what you are considering in this thread.
P Klaassen