PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Hummer Wind Turbine Problem

Kochkor Aytmatov
18th January 2011, 15:03
hello my friends.i am from Kyrgyzstan ..
my company is nearly go bankrupt because of Hummer wind turbines from Anhui region. Their turbines are too bad. Their 1kw model generator always die. Last week, the blades of 3kw Hummer wind turbine is broken and felt on the ground . luckly nobody died.
all turbine fans should avoid Anhui Hummer Wind company.
my company lost as much as 50000$ . i was regret to buy Chinese Turbines. My company is a victim. Please stand away to buy Hummer Wind turbine.
sorry for lack of my English

Rob Beckers
20th January 2011, 13:03
Hi Kochkor,

First, welcome to Green Power Talk!
There are several threads about Chinese wind turbines, and the issues with them. Take a look in the wind section. Cor van Houtum has "tamed" a number of Hummer wind turbines, which took quite a bit of effort. He may be able to tell you more.

-RoB-

Cor van Houtum
25th January 2011, 15:14
My opinion,

there are some pro and contra's on the hummer system
the idee to put the generator on front of the turbine is basic not bad thinking
in this way there is a lot of flesh to mount the blades
but the weight of the generator must be added to the weight of the blades to determ what kind of bearing it will need.
The bearings should be improved
The generator is single phase this makes it a noisy machine
they should make it 3 phase ac

The electronics are bad.

we build our own electronics to manage the power and create a good dumpload
in the original electronics is no anti hysterises put on the relays
this makes the relays to burn

the system of all in one that contains the rectifier , the dump and the off-grid inverter is created to look nice.
and far over the top , with the nice digital voltage and power meters.

I would like a big bridge rectifier and realy big power relays mutch more
and forget all the commercial made meters
A separate inverter , on grid or off-grid makes the system mutch more flexible
then the controller should be user regulated on the voltage attack for the dumpload

all this is applied for the 500 watt , 1kw and 2kw turbines
let's say the tale versions

Then some other things to take in consideration
the 2kw versions will make earth faults after half a year
if you use a on grid inverter with no transformer like the power-one aurora you will get RISO errors

Can this system work ?
yes but you need to change a lot to make it better
if you have imported the complete set then throw away half of your investment

I have in stock

5x 5kw new type turbine complete auto yaw type
1x 5kw turbine tail type
5x off-grid controller /inverter 5kw
1x off-grid controller /inverter 5kw tail type turbine
5x on grid controller with dumpload 5kw
4x 2kw generator complete
2x 1kw generator complete
3x 500 w generator complete
several blades
several towers
pictures of factory visit in china

all Hummer

Get the picture ?

kind regards

Cor

Francis Roberts
27th July 2011, 02:08
Although so many people encountered with bad experience with Chinese wind turbines, however I am luckily enough to purchase very high quality product from a manufacturer named Shanghai GHREPOWER Green Energy Co., Ltd.

At the very beginning, I go through www.eastwindpower.com, which is a company established in US. After my talk with general manager of this company, i found out that it is the distribution company in US of Shanghai GHREPOWER Green Energy Co., Ltd. After that, I will try to talk with some distributors of this company. All of them give good comments on production, quality and service support.

Micheal lee
30th August 2011, 21:57
my company is nearly go bankrupt because of Hummer wind turbines from Anhui region. Their turbines are too bad. Their 1kw model generator always die. Last week, the blades of 3kw Hummer wind turbine is broken and felt on the ground . luckly nobody died.
my company lost as much as 50000$ . i was regret to buy Chinese Turbines. My company is a victim. Please stand away to buy Hummer Wind turbine.

1) Hummer 1kw wind turbines price is 1600$, 3kw is about 5400$ off-grid, Then the total lost is less than 8000$, how could you lost 50,000$?
2) Why don't you call the sales center for after service? The Tel: 86-551-5314300,18855170526 Fax: 86-551-3442991 Email: chinahummer627@yahoo.com
WebSite: http://www.allwindturbine.com/ www.hummerwindgenerator.cn http://chinahummer.en.alibaba.com
they will serve you sincerely
3)My name is Micheal lee,Hummer distributor in the Canada. At present, many our customers think it's a good wind generator brand, because it's good at generating.

Micheal lee
30th August 2011, 22:15
I don't think you can get so much lost for Hummer wind generator, 1kw Hummer wind generator is about 1600$, 3kw wind generator is about 5400$, so the totally lost will less than 8000$, how could you loss 50000$.
Any quality questions, please contact Hummer sales department. Their have after service in series. The website is http://www.allwindturbine.com/ www.hummerwindgenerator.cn (www.hummerwindgenerator.cn)
there you can get more contact information.

I don't know whether you have bought a replica, but the Hummer wind generator is a good one. It's very good at generating. In Canada, my customers have a high appreciate in this brand.

Cor van Houtum
12th September 2011, 05:19
it is possible to loose a lot of money
look at

these pictures

Cor van Houtum
12th September 2011, 05:25
more pictures

Cor van Houtum
12th September 2011, 05:28
how to loose money

Marek Klon
10th April 2012, 07:04
I am thinking of buying 2 KW Hummer Wind Turbine and using it with Aurora 3.6 kW inverter where I am planning to program 16 point power curve. Location - Ireland so very windy from time to time :)

Why you saying that 1phase turbine is more noisy than 3 phase ?
Can anyone post a picture of naked generator ?

I was just about to buy when I have seen this tread

Marek

Rob Beckers
10th April 2012, 07:32
Hi Marek,

I'll let Cor comment regarding Hummer, since he has worked with lots of Hummer turbines in person.

Very much in general: Single-phase machines are generally more noisy than three-phase machines because for the latter the mechanical load of the alternator on the blades is virtually constant as the blades move around for a three-phase machine. With a single-phase machine the the load on the blades varies very rapidly, as the blades turn. How much this translates to additional noise varies. For many wind turbines the bulk of the noise is due to the blade tips moving rapidly through the air, and not so much the alternator-induced noise.

-RoB-

Cor van Houtum
10th April 2012, 08:01
Hello Marek,

I have installed several 2kw Hummer turbines together with the Aurora 3,6
After a while these turbines give earth failures.
The Aurora is without transformer and does not accept any lead to ground.
We have even try to isolate the generator from the pole.
on the end I have given up , and replaced all of these units .

The second thing is NOISE.
Rob is right when he say's that the blades are often the source of noise,
but with the hummer it is not important how much noise the blades make.
You cannot hear the blades because of the terrible noise the generator makes.
It is howling like a wolf.

Third to consider,
You say you have much wind.
The Hummer is a low wind turbine with very long blades.
In high winds you will not be able to stop the turbine.
The power on the wings is bigger then the electrical power from the generator.
In high winds you cannot stop the turbine , even short circuit will not help.

In your Country I would not use this kind of turbine.
I would use a variable pitch machine like the WINDSPOT

Home Wind Turbine Windspot development and innovation - YouTube

Kind regards Cor

Anhui Hummer
28th December 2012, 00:20
Dear Cor,

this is Bianca from Anhui Hummer, who tried to contact you a few times ago, in order to help to solve your problems.

First of all, we apology for the problems caused by our wind turbines. We will do our best to make up to you and make your system work again.

We understand the old SCM control system has usage limination, so we updated the control system above our 3kW wind turbine with new PLC control system from SIEMENS since 2010. Now the comments of new PLC control system is very good. If you agree with us, please kindly contact with us and we will update your system to PLC system and make it work.

Refer to the noise, it comes from generator and that is true, exactly from electromagnetic field cutting. Because of the high generating ability, it makes noise. During these years, we have and are making different experiments to reduce the noise. Now it is much better than before.

Dear Cor, please kindly contact with us per mail(i also sent you an e-mail today) or here and then we will solve the problem as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Bianca

Cor van Houtum
2nd January 2013, 04:56
Thanks for your comment Bianca,
I have 5 pcs of hummer 5kw in stock,
you offer me to replace the old electronics for a 50% discount.
So I should write off 50% value on stock that has never worked and is never been used.

I think that we have experimented to much already but let me give you some advice,

Remove all the electronics away from the nacelle
connect the sensors and yaw motor with a multi cable to bring the electronics on floor level.
Change the software and plc program so you can manually drive the yaw motor into every desired position all the time.
Now you have programmed it so that you can only turn to one site
and when the end is reached it will go the other way.
this takes to long time in high wind.
and to secure the turbine out of the wind manually you must first drive trough the storm
before it turns to a secure position.
when there is storm we know from witch site the storm is coming and where the turbine is at present.
so we must decide where to turn it to (left or right) to get it secured very fast.
By making the software go only one direction it needs to go straight trough the storm before secured.

Then secondly double the dumpload and put in a hysteresis regulation
this will prevent the relays from burning

third,
make it a open system where installers can decide on spot where the voltage levels should be on action.
so all the trigger levels should be accessed by installer and possible changed when necessary.

Then change the nacelle hood cover bolts,
these bolts are deep inside the hood.
water will stay in the bolts hole and let them rust
after a while it is not possible anymore to unscrew the hood because of rust
then the bolts must be drilled out and gives a lot of work.
better is to screw to hood from the underside and not from the top site

And the best I can advice you is
change the generator to a 3 phase version

if you stay on the single phase generator I suggest to provide it with a big damper between the nacelle foot and the tower,
or put this damper between the generator and the base plate.

kind regards
Cor

Anhui Hummer
2nd January 2013, 19:14
Dear Cor,

thank you for your reply.

Actually some points of your advices we have already changed, some are more than you suggested. The system is very reliable now. We have sent you an e-mail with more details, please kindly reply us per e-mail(sales04@chinahummer.cn).

Refer to update the system, we can talk about that. But first of all, we need to know more details about your system and the problems you have. Please trust us, we will give you a good solution.

See you soon.

Best regards,
Bianca

Lorena Mitchell
27th February 2013, 23:49

Hey had the same problem Hummer has a bad turbine and they do not honor warranty

Lorena Mitchell
27th February 2013, 23:51
Dear Cor,

thank you for your reply.

Actually some points of your advices we have already changed, some are more than you suggested. The system is very reliable now. We have sent you an e-mail with more details, please kindly reply us per e-mail(sales04@chinahummer.cn).

Refer to update the system, we can talk about that. But first of all, we need to know more details about your system and the problems you have. Please trust us, we will give you a good solution.

See you soon.

Best regards,
Bianca
Bianca Hummer does not honor warranty and it is a bad company and turbine Lorena from EvolveGreen.ca

Lorena Mitchell
27th February 2013, 23:52
how to loose money

I have the same junk in my Warehouse Cor

Lorena Mitchell
27th February 2013, 23:53
I am thinking of buying 2 KW Hummer Wind Turbine and using it with Aurora 3.6 kW inverter where I am planning to program 16 point power curve. Location - Ireland so very windy from time to time :)

Why you saying that 1phase turbine is more noisy than 3 phase ?
Can anyone post a picture of naked generator ?

I was just about to buy when I have seen this tread

Marek

Marek with all due respect that is your loss.... We lost thousands of dollars to Hummer bad turbines

Lorena Mitchell
27th February 2013, 23:57
I don't think you can get so much lost for Hummer wind generator, 1kw Hummer wind generator is about 1600$, 3kw wind generator is about 5400$, so the totally lost will less than 8000$, how could you loss 50000$.
Any quality questions, please contact Hummer sales department. Their have after service in series. The website is http://www.allwindturbine.com/ www.hummerwindgenerator.cn (www.hummerwindgenerator.cn)

I don't know whether you have bought a replica, but the Hummer wind generator is a good one. It's very good at generating. In Canada, my customers have a high appreciate in this brand.

So you are here as a rep for hummer send me your address and I will send you all the hummer crap I have I have lost thousands your company had no concept of honor. Hummer wind does not honor warranty they just give you the run around. In Canada that is Fraud ! so please do send me your contact information Lorena@evolvegreen.ca

Lorena Mitchell
27th February 2013, 23:59

I call you on that NON of the Canadian customer are running all the hummer turbines break

Jeff Birkle
18th March 2013, 17:12
I am a custom Wind Turbine manufacturer in Ontario.
Is there anything I can help with?
Are these worth rebuilding?
Jeff

David MPierce
28th March 2013, 12:40
I am a custom Wind Turbine manufacturer in Ontario.
Is there anything I can help with?
Are these worth rebuilding?
Jeff:huh: Thanks for your offer. I mostly just read threads for information and that's why so little posts of mine.

Saintkin Windpower
25th March 2015, 05:09
I am sorry to hear what happened and we hope Hummber have solved this problem for you. Anyway, I am glad to be your friends and hope you still trust Chinese Products.