PDA

View Full Version : Password for Aurora Inverter PVI-6000-out-de-w

Nikos Papadakis
1st August 2010, 05:39
Apologies if this is not the right forum.
I'm trying to configure the MPPT table on the Aurora Inverter PVI-6000-out-de-w, through Aurora Installer.
The system requires a password to enter the Advanced mode, but I have no idea what is it.
I've tried the obvious 0000, 1234, 00000, etc, but nothing works.
Does anyone have a clue?
Thanks in advance.

Rob Beckers
1st August 2010, 06:48
Hi Nikos,

The MPPT table can't be programmed from the inverter's front panel, you need the AuroraInstaller program to do that (one place to download it is from my Web site, see the very last line on this page (http://www.solacity.com/PowerOne.htm)).

In the AuroraInstaller program, select "extended" mode, the access code is 05591.

-RoB-

Dan Lenox
1st August 2010, 08:00
Rob,

You may want to check that page you referred us to.

I found one link labeled "Wind interface box (PVI-WIND-BOX) brochure (pdf)", however it points to http://www.solacity.com/Docs/PVIWINDBrochure.jpg which is an image and not the document itself.

I also don't see a link to the users manual for the WIND version of the inverter, is there one available? I see one for the SOLAR version.

Thanks for the info.

Dan Lenox

Dan Lenox
1st August 2010, 08:07
Rob,

I may be answering one of my own questions but I believe that the "Wind Aurora 6 kW inverter brochure (pdf)" covers *all* WIND inverters?

thanks again,
Dan Lenox

Rob Beckers
1st August 2010, 13:45
I'm not following you Dan....
When you click the link you end up on my Power-One inverter info page. Scroll down to the bottom, and the very last line of it (other than the footer) is a link to download the AuroraInstaller software from. On the left side are a number of documents (which are repeated again at the bottom of that page), one is the manual for the 6kW wind inverter. The brochures (ie. marked as "brochure") are two or three page leaflets with general information, not manuals.

-RoB-

Dan Lenox
1st August 2010, 15:10
Rob,

At the bottom and along the left margin of that page that you gave link to, there are links for things like:
- Solar inverter
- Solar brochure
- Wind brochure
- Wind 6kw inverter
- Wind interface
- Aurora Installer
- others

But I don't see a link to the 4.2kw Wind inverter (other than brochure). I do see the 6kw Wind inverter though...

The other thing is a link issue: search for "Wind interface box (PVI-WIND-BOX) brochure (pdf)" (at the bottom of the page) and it points not to a .pdf but rather a .jpg image.

Dan

Rob Beckers
2nd August 2010, 08:53
Fixed the erroneous link the the thumbnail, it's pointing to the PDF now. Thanks Dan!
I've added the 3 - 4.2kW wind manual as well. Hopefully without making more link errors... :embarrassedt:

-RoB-

Cor van Houtum
2nd August 2010, 10:33
please Rob can you remove the password from this forum
thanks

Cor

Dan Lenox
2nd August 2010, 11:27
Rob,

Not a problem, a lot of times people never report bad/broken links and the owners never seem to know about them. Minor issue, but fixing makes you look better - after all it was a page on your website, thanks for updating with remainder of manuals.

One of these days I will actually take the Aurora wind inverter that I bought from you - out if it's box...

Dan Lenox

Rob Beckers
2nd August 2010, 12:16
please Rob can you remove the password from this forum
thanks

Cor

Why's that Cor?

I've had to tell this to so many installers by now that it's not exactly a secret. Even many end-users are interested in optimizing MPPT tables, and require the pass code. Contrary to prior policy, Power-One now makes the AuroraInstaller software available on their public Web site, and you can bet that all those downloading do so to work on MPPT tables. There doesn't seem much difference between them asking me for it or picking it up from the public domain.

I guess my point is that I don't see what the down side is. Of course, it gives those that don't know what they're doing a way to screw up, but then again they're all grown-ups that should know their limits and live by the consequences of their actions. So far I have never had to deal with an end-user that messed up an MPPT table and needed it restored, so that seems to be a pretty unlikely event.

-RoB-

Cor van Houtum
3rd August 2010, 05:05
You are maybe right,

its just that we get questions about imported units
as we know are all these inverters the same so just google for the best price
and then put in your own table.

I am not realy sure about liking this.

with use off the expert password it is even possible to change the country code
and the riso setting , I hope we can hold these passwords within profesionals

kind regards

Cor

Rob Beckers
3rd August 2010, 05:22
Cor, the code I published is for extended mode only, not advanced mode. You can't change the Riso settings or anything else with it, just the wind MPPT table.

By the way, even with the advanced code it's not possible to change a North American unit into a European one (or vice-versa). The grid frequency range is fixed in firmware as far as I know. Then there's the issue of the wrong type certification stickers on the units, which an electrical inspector will pick up in immediately...

-RoB-

Terry Blanksenship
13th September 2012, 21:38
Aurora inverters have a computer generated password. I called tech. Support at Power One and they emailed me the password. Hope this helps

Shaun Burgess
14th September 2012, 03:13
hi i have a question what is the advanced mode for ..

Terry Blanksenship
14th September 2012, 06:24
What's your question? Sorry it's for programing items such as wind tables,Riso settings, maximum and minimum voltages ect...

Rob Beckers
14th September 2012, 07:49
Actually, to clarify that a bit, there's "extended" mode in the AuroraInstaller program. This has the same pass-code for all of the Power-One inverters, 05591. Extended mode will let you program the MPPT table, set the starting voltage, grid voltage, and a few other things. See the AuroraInstaller manual, available on our Web site (http://www.solacity.com/PowerOneWind.htm).

Then there's "advanced" mode. This requires a pass-code that's different for each inverter, based on its serial number. Power-One usually will not supply that code, since it allows one to make changes that violate the certification requirements, for example, you can switch off anti-islanding in there. Advanced mode is not very useful, the parameters in there just are not things one normally needs to change. The only time we use it is when multiple wind inverters are connected in parallel, behind isolation transformers, with DC supplied from the same wind turbine. In that case a change is needed to make the inverters work.

-RoB-

Dave Turpin
25th September 2012, 15:35
You can turn off anti-islanding? I can see why they would not want that code to get out!

Rob Beckers
26th September 2012, 07:10
Right!
Actually the reason we use the advanced menu most is for their solar inverters, to change the grid voltage setting (default is 240V, and for the wind inverters you can change it through the AuroraInstaller program). There are many locations where pushing back as little as 10kW will cause the grid voltage to spike above the UL/CSA dictated limits. The Aurora inverters will allow 108% of the set voltage (ie. 259V if it's set to 240V), then the inverter goes offline. Upping the voltage setting by 5 Volt, to 245V, makes it work reliably in 99.9% of cases.

-RoB-